An embedded systemis the one that has computer-hardware with software integrated in it as the most significant component. It is a dedicated computer-based system, may be independent or part of a large system with the following components:
It includes processor, timers, I/O devices, ports, memories, ports, etc.
2. Application software:
To perform multiple tasks at the same time.
3.Real Time Operating System (RTOS):
It supervises the application software and provides a mechanism to let the processor run a process as per scheduling and perform the context-switch between different processes.
The embedded systems course is aimed at providing high quality training to software engineers as well as those who wish to enter this field. In this course, students can learn practical lessons and techniques used to design, implement, integrate and test software used for advanced embedded systems. The course offers the trainees with detailed description of the life-cycle for designing multi-objective and multi-discipline embedded systems. The main goals behind this course are:
- Impart knowledge on designing of real time and embedded systems
- Explain the basics of this system
- Tell about writing a program for an embedded system
- Show how to design, run and test these systems
Applications of embedded systems
Several fast developing sectors like automobile, communication, medicine, industrial, military, etc. have witnessed increased use of embedded technologies. Let us discuss its applications in detail:
- Telecommunications: This industry utilizes ample benefits of these systems in telephone answering machines, ATM machines, mobiles, pagers and others.
- Automobile sector: This sector has been at the forefronts for acquiring embedded technology in brake systems, theft deterrent devices, power windows & seats, etc. Embedded technology has helped in developing several automotive safety systems such as Anti-lock Braking System (ABS), Electronic Stability Control (ESC/ESP), automatic four-wheelers, etc.
- Medical: Use these systems in cardiac monitors, cancer treatments, renal monitors, drug delivery, prosthetic devices, etc.
- Industrial sector: This sector has reaped the benefits of embedded technology in robot systems, traffic control systems, bar code readers and others purposes.
- Consumer electronics: Consumer goods using this technology include MP3 players, mobiles, videogame consoles, printers, DVD players, PDAs, digital cameras, etc.
- Railroad: The embedded technology enabled railroad safety equipment helps to manage and streamline railroad signals thus ensuring lesser disasters.
- Electronic payment sector: The market for mobile payments is growing at a rapid rate driven by restaurants and other businesses to serve customers anytime and anywhere.
- Smart card industry: Smart cards appear as citizen cards, driver’s license and patient cards. You can even find contactless smart cards that are a part of ICAO biometric passports for a better security at international level. Most of the e-services including e-health, e-training, etc. are based on cutting-edge technologies using smart cards.
- Aerospace & Avionics: This field demands an amalgam of hardware, electronics and embedded software. Embedded engineers have to face challenges like creating embedded systems, adopting latest technology like fly-by-fire, considering budgetary constraints and others.
Scope of Embedded Systems
Considering the vast scope of this field, ranging from the automobile to consumer electronics and aerospace, the demand for this technology for product development and applications will also continue to grow over time. The use of electronic items is becoming more pervasive in everyone’s lives with the use of mobiles, home appliances and more recently use of insulin pumps inside the body, thus providing a chance for you to make a successful career in embedded systems. In this market, you can find the following two trends:
- Symbiotic relationship between the embedded software vendors and original equipment manufacturers to find and develop new applications.
- The growth of Embedded Operating System (EOS) market and the challenges associated with enhanced applications that demand powerful, cost-effective hardware and better connectivity.
Training process of Embedded Systems
Vector Institute has been the pioneers in offering training programs on embedded systems. This application-oriented training is ensured by:
- Advance yet simple course content
- Proven methodology
- Competent and experienced trainers
- Project experienced lab assistance
- Daily theory and lab assignments
- Easy to understand study material
- Clarity in concepts and technology
- Weekly tests
- Module wise theory and lab sessions
- Mock interviews
- Aptitude tests
Assignments: During the hands-on program in Embedded Systems, students have to submit assignments based on their everyday classes. The trainers spend a lot of time for not only creating assignments, but also evaluating these and giving the desired corrections, elucidations and suggestions. Proper weight-age in terms of marks is given in these assignments:
- Emphasizing on what has been taught in the class
- Evaluating the understanding of a student on a concept or application
- Embrace creativity as a part of learning
- Creating an avenue for getting in-depth knowledge of the basic concepts
Tests: Based on the theory and practical classes attended by the students, we conduct periodical assessment tests. Tests are a significant part of our training program and are of two types, written and practical. The former are conducted as per the schedule while the latter are held only when students have gained enough exposure to scripting programs associated with Embedded Systems. The tests administered at our institute are of the highest standards, with an aim to gauge the student’s understanding of embedded technology and prepare them to make a successful career move in this domain.
Real time exposure:
At our institute, you can get abreast with real time systems by interaction with industry experts, implementing complex projects and integrating various topics to provide actual work experience with technology firms. This ensures the students:
- To gain a better understanding of details of applied technology
- To gain knowledge on how embedded systems evaluate, develop, implement and integrate with other systems.
- To get a life cycle view for designing multi-objective multi-discipline embedded systems.
For more details about this course content : Click Here.
To download brochures : Click Here.